Discover more from PhotoCamp Daily
Filmmakers still use miniatures to make their worlds feel real, even in the modern day of CGI. Wes Anderson is one of the most stylish filmmakers keeping miniatures alive.
Simon Weisse, prop maker and model marker, worked on some of Anderson's recent projects. Miniatures are used for expansive sets that establish the world of a film, otherworldly vehicles like spaceships, and more.
Filmmakers use movie magic to make miniatures look huge using cameras, lighting, and forced perspective.
[ View on YouTube ]
Wait. There’s more!
1. Create a documentary exploring the use of miniatures in modern filmmaking, including interviews with filmmakers who use this technique.
2. Host a workshop teaching aspiring filmmakers how to create and film their own miniatures for their projects.
3. Write an article comparing the use of miniatures to CGI in modern movies, exploring the benefits and drawbacks of each technique.
4. Develop a video essay analyzing the use of miniatures in Wes Anderson's films, examining how he uses them to create his unique visual style.
5. Curate an exhibition showcasing the miniature sets and models used in popular films, allowing visitors to see the intricate details up close and learn about the filmmaking process.